Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I did it

There are a couple more Melbourne Writers Festival posts to go up, but in the meantime I have some very exciting news to report.

I finished writing my novel two days ago. This is a pic from the celebrations:


Okay, not really. I found it in Google Images. Real celebrations included me sitting on my bed with my lap top, smiling. And then watching some Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. And then going to sleep. You don't have to tell me - I know I'm hardcore.

But I totally smiled like this. This is a REAL PHOTO OF ME two nights ago when I finished writing.


You don't have to say it, but thank you. I know I have a really pretty smile.

Now comes the fun part (in an "oh God make it stop" kind of way) of revision! So this will technically be my second round of revision, but considering the first round of revision was essentially a complete rewrite, I don't think that counts as revision, right?

I'm pumped. I'm excited about this book. I think it's romantic. I think it makes you squirm and cringe when you're supposed to. And it's funny - and it's totally MEANT to be! Mind you I haven't read it back yet. But I'm going to within the next couple of days.

I don't want to send it to my agent until I know it's my best work. But the thing is...how do you know when something is the best it can be?

In puzzlement, I leave you.

Sairz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?