Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Feature Me Friday! (04) Blogger: Brittany from Book Addict's Guide



Name: Brittany
 
Blog name: The Book Addict's Guide


How long have you been blogging? 

I actually just made it over the 6 month mark in the beginning of October. Once I started blogging and really getting into the community, I just knew I'd have a ton of fun with it. And now after getting to know all of the awesome bloggers in the community, it's made my experience that much better. I enjoy every minute of it and I look forward to many more months and years to come!

Do you run any other types of features aside from book reviews?

One of my favorites is Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I usually participate in that one almost every Tuesday. I also tried starting my own feature - Since I read a lot of new release books to review on my blog, I created The Deja Vu Review (which I run on Sundays) that features mini-reviews of books I've read before I started blogging. I do have a few people who participate in the meme each week, but it's still taking off. I love being about to talk about all the books we've read before we started our blogs though. I know most of us bloggers have been readers for life and there are a lot of new people out there who aren't able to talk about the "older" reads. 

What do you think makes a good book blogger?

Oh tough question since that definition really changes for everyone. For any book blogger, I think it's important to have reviews no matter what. I know a lot of people see reviews as a requirement for being a book blogger and they're also really important to me. Other than that, I say have fun and just be respectful to the book community - bloggers and authors alike. I'd say being respectful to authors is a really big thing too - We're privileged to be able to review these book, especially for ARCs. 

Do you think it’s important to blog regularly or just when you have something new to share?

I think blogging regularly is important to keep followers or new visitors coming to your blog, but to keep it relevant. I admit I've gone astray a few times, but by all means, you don't have to post every single day (although I've gotten on a schedule where I do post just about every day...), but often enough so that people won't forget about stopping by!

Ebooks, print books or both? 

Absolutely print books. I own a Kindle, but the bad news is that I have WAY too many unread ebooks on it. I'll almost always pick up a library book or a book from my own shelf before I pick up my Kindle. I think I need to spend a good month just reading books on my Kindle to catch up! It's bad! 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?