Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all! And to all a nice long nap afterwards

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope Santa brought you what you hoped for, and what you bought for others was appreciated as well as you hoped.

Santa dropped the ball abit with my Mum this year. Or he just knows her too well, because over the last couple of days before Christmas, my mother bought for herself some items...and then the exact same things were found under the tree.

She and my father bought each other the same book, and my dog's eyes near popped out of her head when she spotted her Chrissy present. A set of new tennis balls and one of those fancy schmancy ball throwers. So that you don't have to pick up slimy tennis balls and when hitting them with a tennis racquet, get a nice shower of spittle all over yourself. Really a present more for us, than her I guess. But she liked it.

We celebrated Christmas two days ago, as I and my sister are working this evening.
Then my parents and I went to a friend's for Christmas dinner last night, and in an hour off we chuff to a local pub for some christmas fare again. All this food...crikey. At least at the pub it's all very civilised with civilised serving sizes so that you don't need to pop the top button at the end of the meal.

I have received two Christmas presents on the writing front today and yesterday.

Yesterday, I received an email from Allen & Unwin (the editor who has my manuscript Life was cool until you got popular" who had wonderful things to say about my work. She said that at the moment it's not quite strong enough, but she had two pages of feedback, things she loved, things she thought were a bit weak and if I want to resubmit in February then I'm welcome to.

So oh yes, I'll be resubmitting. She had some really valid points too, and though I know the re-edit will be confusing and difficult, I AM looking forward to getting stuck in, because it's just going to make the book better.

Secondly, I'd given up on the website for about a month and when at Borders the other day, bit the bullet and bought the Dummies Guide to Web Sites.

Well. It's currently uploading the web, and FINALLY I have managed to get rid of the webcity's index page. Don't know how it's looking yet, but over the next couple of days if you check out http://www.sarahbillingtonauthor.com you should find my brightly coloured YA writerly web site in all its glory. I have my fingers crossed.

I had better start getting ready for Christmas lunch. Enjoy your day! And don't spend too much at the boxing day sales! :)

Sairz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?