Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Butt in Chair

Nathan Bransford, Literary Agent and upcoming debut author put it brilliantly.

Put what brilliantly? The pain involved in being a writer, that I sometimes feel my friends don't quite understand and I am often pissed off about (not pissed about their not understanding, pissed about the PAIN).

Nathan wrote about Butt in Chair.

If you have NOT clicked over to the link to have a quick peruse of what he's talking about, he's talking about this:

All those times a writer (me, for example) is SO frustrating to her/his friends and says 'No I can't go, I have to write.' 'I better leave early, I have to write.' or 'That sounds like SO much fun, but I have to write.'

They're just as hard for me to say as for you to deal with me not being able to make plans with you because of writing. They're even harder when during that specified time of fun, when I know everyone else is having a blast and I only end up writing 200 words, or worse, NOTHING? I mean, I missed out for THIS?

But yeah. To get a book written, it's all about putting your frickin butt in the frickin chair and frickin DOING IT. And missing out on stuff. It's a lot about missing out on stuff. It's also a lot about the enjoyment and love of what you're doing, but that's not what this post is about.

Butt in Chair, baby.


Thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?