Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cover Love: Space Edition

Good evening book cover lovers!

Today's edition is a bit of a celebration for me. I'm all proud and chuffed, like. Not only are we looking at some kick ass young adult book covers, but I am so happy for the authors, too!

Let's start with this one:

 These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman.

I was lucky enough to be on retreat with Amie a couple of months ago and she may have read out the first chapter of These Broken Stars over the dinner table. Needless to say, I am thoroughly looking forward to this book. I have personally witnessed Amie working with Meg (via the interweb) on this and its sequels and they are super hard workers. They are going to make this series AMAZING.

And check out that cover! Props to Disney-Hyperion, don't you think? They sure delivered. The stars in the background are so beautiful and LOOK AT THAT DRESS!

Awesome.

Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil

I attended the launch of this book this evening and it was a great night with a big turn out and fun speeches. And super yummy cup cakes!

For those of you who have followed this blog for a long time, you may remember that I interned with Black Dog Books a couple of years ago (before the Melbourne office was moved to Sydney) and Melissa just happens to have been the senior editor there at the time!

I was really excited to snag this book and check out what her writing style is like - and it's awesome. I'm in the middle of reading Life if Outer Space and am really loving it and Sam's voice. And it's a contemporary YA with a male protagonist! I love these! You should pick it up. And when Broken Stars comes out in November, you should pick that one up too, just like I will.

I'm just sayin'.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?