Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The perils of pay day and UPDATES (down the bottom)

I got paid today.
And I went out to lunch with some girlfriends at a shopping centre.
And while at the shopping centre we went into some...you know...shops.

I got paid + shops = Sarah bought books.

Check out my haul:


Lord of the flies with Beauty Queens
A love story with Zombies
Classic YA with characters I know and love

I almost bought:


but figured a) Today was payday. I have to last another week yet. b) I'm not going to get through all this in a week so it's not like I NEED to buy it today... and c) I'll definitely be buying it later. It's not like it's going anywhere. These books are hilarious. I can't wait for the movie...only I'm not sure about the casting. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched about my bookies. I love contemporary lit. Plus I've just discovered the TV show Friday Night Lights so you know what I'll be up to for the next couple of weeks.



In work-related news:
a) the shop I work at was robbed last night. It's my usual shift but I wasn't there, I was lucky. The guy that WAS there is fine though, and he tells me there were 3 police cars, CSI and a police helicopter involved. I guess this finished off the ATTEMPTED robbery about 6 weeks ago. I really hope they don't come back. AND...
b) I have updated my editorial, ebook cover design and ebook formatting details in the little tab up the top, with rates and everything!

Have a great weekend everybody. Is it too early for that?


Sairz

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, that sounds scary! Glad you weren't in the store when it was robbed.

    PS. I tagged you on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sari!
    I know. Gah - I saw the security footage (Again - as this is the 2nd time in 6 weeks). I enjoy my job, but sometimes I hate working in retail. This is why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?