Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

FREE BOOKS: Edwina Ray and Sarah Billington - When 2 Become 1



Some of you may know that I sort of have two personalities. There is Sarah Billington who is kind of upbeat and happy and tortures her characters with humiliation, and then there is Edwina Ray who is a bit darker, a bit scarier and tortures her characters with actual torture.

I kept the two types of genres I write fairly separate through the two names, but by no means did I make it a secret that Edwina was Sarah but with more eye liner.

Let's face it, I can't tell lies, I get all weird and obvious, so if anyone was to ACTUALLY call me Edwina (even though it IS my middle name) I would go all red and weird and stupid.

I don't think any of us deserve to go through the awkwardness of that.

SO. Edwina Ray's stories are getting rolled into Sarah Billington! This means that soon, Sarah Billington, the author is going to have a dark side some readers might be a bit surprised about.

I was a little worried, as the author of a middle grade novel for girls (Life Was Cool Until You Got Popular) that those readers might inadvertently pick up another Sarah Billington story and end up scarred by the inner-workings of a zombie's food-related fantasies (I, Zombie) because they didn't realise there would be a big, big difference between the two types of stories I write.

But my readers are smart people. And the covers of the scarier stories sure give off a different feel to the covers of the humour titles. I think we're good.

To celebrate the merging of Edwina Ray and Sarah Billington, I have two short stories going COMPLETELY FREE on Amazon.

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

FREE Aug 31 - Sept 3, 2012


In the small town of Carringwood, Doug and every other resident turn out to watch the drama as the Gabarski home burns down. Luckily Shana and the kids got out. And her husband Peter is mysteriously absent. Speculation runs rife through the town, why are arson investigators here? Did Peter do it? Why did he do it? But Doug wonders something else. If it wasn't Peter, who was it?

Life Was Easier When Boys 

Were Stupid

                                         FREE Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2012


Jess is at a party and girls and boys around her are locked together at the lips and hips. When did everyone grow up so fast? She's not sure she wants to, but her girl friend Carla points out a boy across the room with eyes only for Jess. 


Life Was Easier When Boys Were Stupid won the Gippsland Award in the Fellowship of Australian Writers Awards.

LIFE WAS EASIER INCLUDES A SNEAK PEEK AT CHAPTER ONE OF THE HIT NEW NOVEL: THE KISS OFF!

Get a taste of both sides of Sarah Billington FOR FREE. If you feel so inclined (and I really hope you do), leave a short review, as reviews are integral to any author's success.

BUT THERE'S MORE!

The Kiss Off

99c FOR ONE WEEK ONLY

WARNING: Sexual references, occassional course language.

When sixteen year old Poppy Douglas writes a song about her ex-boyfriend Cam and ex-friend Nikki, she has no idea that her heartbreak is about to go global. 

A local band picks up her song from Youtube and soon she's along for the ride with her own fanbase as they blow up on the local club scene and hit the international charts. Though it turns out leaving Cam behind isn't as easy as she had hoped. 

Tangled in a web of unfinished homework, ill-considered sexting and a new lead-singer boyfriend, Poppy has a choice to make between the ex that inspired it all and the rock God whose poster lines the inside of half the lockers at school. But as she struggles to keep her emotional dirty laundry private, she learns that the truth can be hard to find when your life is in the headlines.

Just as an added extra. :)

Happy reading, lovelies!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?