Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Event Breakdown: Leanne Hall and Persnickety Snark (Adele Walsh) talk YA

Adele

 I went to a free event in Melbourne last Tuesday, an "in conversation" with author of This is Shyness, Leanne Hall, and he State Library of Victoria’s Centre for Youth Literature Program Coordinator Adele Walsh. It was a really interesting evening and they both had a lot to say about YA in general, Australian YA in particular and misconceptions in the publishing industry.

I was sitting with a good blogger friend of mine, Steph aka Read in a Single Sitting, and she took copious notes which culminated in a much better breakdown of the night than I could ever have put together, especially as I am down with a cold at the moment with the concentration span of a fish. I am feeling ridiculously sorry for myself, so it's okay, you don't have to.

Go check out what Leanne Hall and Adele Walsh had to say over at Read in a Single Sitting.

Go do it now.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, lovely! (And for being my event buddy on the night :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?