Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

I done been tagged!

Author Michelle Hansen (whose debut young adult novel Painted Blind is out now, just sayin') tagged me in the Next Big Thing Blog Hop.

What's that, you ask? Well it's a blog hop in which authors answer juicy questions about what they're working on RIGHT NOW.

Juicy questions like these:

What is the working title of your book?

The Kiss Off 2
It is going to have a subheading, like, an actual INTERESTING name, but for the moment it is merely numero 2.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I wanted to do something more with Poppy, her relationships with friends and foes, and the band Academy of Lies. But it couldn't really be done if I kept the crew at home in the suburbs, because chart-topping bands don't tend to hang out in the suburbs. So it made sense for me to send Poppy and (some of the) gang to a beachside music festival that Academy of Lies headline. Shenanigans ensue.

What genre does your book fall under?

Young adult chick lit. Fo' sho'.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I've been thinking about this. I don't have a super clear image of Poppy, to be honest. I do kinda envision her being like Alexs Johnson (Jude from Instant Star) though.


And Ty's always had a bit of Nick Roux going on. That's how I see them. How about you guys?



What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

I haven't actually thought about this yet.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

All by myself. :)

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It's not finished as yet, but WILL be by Christmas. It just WILL. I took myself off to a house by the beach for a week and wrote the first 25,000 words in a week which was BRILLIANT but since I came home progress has been very slow as I prioritised my business over my writing. I'm back into it now though and really enjoying myself. 

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I'd say Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway, crossed with Diary of a Crush 2 by Sarra Manning. But the second half where they go to a music festival and it's all kinds of hell.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My characters did. The Kiss Off was designed as a stand alone, but I wasn't done with them. I really like the world and feel there's more to them than was in The Kiss Off. I wasn't just going to write any old thing, though, I didn't have a sequel planned but when THIS idea came to me it felt right and fun and it's certainly turning out to be!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The Kiss Off 2 is chock-full of stuff! There will be:

A road trip with an unexpected passenger.
Camping.
The realisation too late that they don't actually like camping.A super hot frat boy.
Sunburns.
Accidental topless swimming.
Paparazzi punch ups.
A news-worthy (yet totally false) love triangle.
Obsessed fan girls.
A stalker.
And an overwhelming request from someone super-famous.

It's definitely not smooth sailing.



These were most excellent questions and I'm glad I was tagged. 
Now my turn to do the tagging! I HEREBY TAG:


CJ Duggan
Heather Adkins
Julia Crane!

Looking forward to your posts, ladies!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?