Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Winnah and champeeen

Behold me lovelies. Find me in a wondrous mood and assist me in basking in the glory that is reaching (and passing) the finish line of my very first attempt at NaNoWriMo...and 3 days early.

(Can you tell I've been watching the BBC Robin Hood lately?)

I feel goooood. Can't believe I wrote 50,000 words in 27 days. And it didn't kill me. There's still more stuff that has to happen in the book and a good...10k to write? Give or take, and a couple of scenes half way through that I need to add to sort of bring it back on to the track it was SUPPOSED to go in, but yeah. I won NaNo! Currently doing my sitting downy happy dance.

PLUS just after I uploaded my word count to NaNo,I discovered the Uni results are up already (due out tomorrow) and I got a Credit, Distinction and High Distinction for last semester. Bringing my GPA up a coupla points. YAY!

Plus I'm all psyched to start my next book, which is a total departure from what I've been writing of late - which is basically girl books about being stupid and hating your parents and especially being stupid around boys.

This next one's gonna have a ghost, a coupla vampires and lotsa other monsters in it and some juvenile delinquents. I'm going for horror with a bit of funny in the mix and a whole lot of complicated relationships ta boot.

I actually started writing horror, as a kid - did I tell ya that? HUGE R.L Stine fan. When everyone else was reading Goosebumps (if they were reading at all) in grade 4 I was reading Fear Street. 'Let's kill us some teenagers' territory. And that's what I wrote.
I guess you can call me versatile.

That's all for now. So hurrah to me and all of you who have and will be passing the finish line. It's been rocky seas, as the NaNo team understand, hence the viking ship, but even when I was hating it, I knew it would be a worthwhile journey.

Contented sigh.
Buh bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?